Blogging has become very popular during the past couple of years, and many internet surfers turned bloggers started their blogs in order to make profit from it. Then a lot of expert bloggers figured out how to earn money from blogging. There’s actually a long list of ways on how to earn money with your blog. It all depends on how skilled you are in writing, presenting and sharing your ideas on certain topics that you have enough knowledge to share to others.
One of the most popular way to earn money from blogging is to sell advertizing space on your blog. But selling ads on your blog site is a broad phrase. I will share below five common ways on how to make money from your blog.
- The first one is PPC (pay per click) such as Google Ad Sense, where you get paid if anyone clicks on an advertisement on your blog in order to get more information on the advertized product.
- The second one is CPM (cost per thousand) where the advertisers put an ad to your blog, and you get paid according to the traffic you have on your blog, i.e. according to the number of times the ad had showed up.
- The third way for making profit with your blog is through the affiliate programs. You are supposed to promote and advertise the products or services of some other company on your blog by putting the direct links on your blog, and if someone who is redirected to the selling site (Amazon.com) makes a purchase, you get paid too.
- The fourth way to earn from blogging, I would mention using the blog for actually promoting your services and products. All the previous ways were somehow passive in terms of your personal efforts. Once you set a blog, and posted an ad to your blog, the earnings were pretty much automated. All you have to do is write an article or two a day, and then monitor the rankings and the traffic of your blog. Here, you would actually use your blog as a very detailed portfolio, as well as an online catalogue for the products you can offer.
- Number five, and certainly not the most lucrative one, but maybe worth a try are donations and solicit contributions. You can post a donation request on your blog, and maybe if you’re writing on a specific socially relevant subject or if you’re supporting a cause, someone would give you a donation. Or if you’re sharing valuable information and delivering it free to your viewers, you can place a donation box on your sidebar. I have to state that such donations are rather rare.
All the PPC and CPM advertising is done using the global network services which connect the advertisers and the publishers. The two most popular data analytics companies in the business of advertising are Google Ad Sense and Chitika. For each of the money accumulating variants the most important thing is the high targeted traffic. In order to attract the traffic you have to carefully set the niche of your blog, decide on the keywords with the help of Google Ad words keyword generator and submit your blog to a blog directory which will do the rest of the linking and marketing for you.
Though blogging will definitely earn you money in time, the amount of that earnings will depend on your choice of niche, number of audience, and of course it depends on your content, promotion and marketing. Then all you have to do is to work on the quality content of your blog, try to organize it in an attractive way, fill it with interesting niche related content and make sure that the ads are niche related too. And the money will keep on going, little by little, as your blog builds up on reputation.
Once you became an experienced blogger you will be acquainted to more methods on how to earn money from blogging such as,
a. Set up a marketplace on your blog
b. Create job boards on your blog
c. Organize sponsored event
d. Sell or rent a single page of your blog.
- Author Bio -
I am Samith Jhon a content writer and a Professional Blogger. I am certified with CUR-008 Exam which is very popular these days and have a great scope in the field of IT Certification. I always like to take certification exams and now I have planned to pass 000-781 Exam. These kinds of exams could secure your future as well as your job.